Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Under the management of the perfumer the assistant will help in the process of developing new fragrance-based products. The assistant will work with different departments and in a laboratory environment for the development of products.
* Compound fragrances for the perfumer, including all required research trials.
* Accurately weight raw materials in the proper sequence and utilizing an electronic scale and disposable pipettes.
* Put fragrances in various applications and bases.
* Manage the collection of raw materials by ensuring good storage conditions and maintaining inventory.
* Become familiar with odor and physical appearance of raw materials.
* Verify the aspect and the smell of raw materials.
* Coordinate with different departments for the creation of the documentations according to the product development.
* Receive shipments of raw materials and check their individual olfactory quality.
* Prepare dilutions of raw materials as required for the formulas.
* Organize and Maintain a well labeled inventory (labeling all beakers, bottles, jars, etc.) to maintain a clean and safe laboratory.
* Develop working knowledge of various extraction techniques.
* Utilize GCMS and headspace
* Be in contact with other departments to obtain the non-perfumed base necessary for the perfumer’s development work and help with the process of products development.
* Log basic analytical data on fragrances (density, color, flash point, etc.).
* Continue learning about fragrance development and formulation.
* High School Diploma Required, BS in chemistry preferred
* 1-year work experience in Industry / laboratory experience preferred.
* Evaluation of raw materials, formulas, and products.
* Organized, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
* A passion for learning about raw materials and their aroma.
* Knowledge of IFRA regulations.
* Knowledge of common analytical/physical testing techniques.
* Project management skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of record keeping requirements.
* Problem solving skills.
* Proficient in MS Office programs. Ability to learn new programs.
* Ability to be creative.
* Have a good sense of smell.
* Excellent math skills, including an ability to calculate percentages.
* Ability to work under tight deadlines.
* Ability to work independently, while juggling multiple tasks.
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
|Function:||Research and Development|
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.