Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Job Description: This position will provide support for the development, validation and implementation of new processes or changes to existing manufacturing processes with a primary focus on sanitation and oil refinement. This will include executing engineering studies, documenting all test results, and providing recommendations to manufacturing and engineering.
- Execute engineering studies to support the development of new and improved processes
- Evaluate current processes to identify opportunities for cost-savings and improvements for manufacturing
- Assist in validation of manufacturing system
- Focus efforts on essential oil blending processes and also processes for oil refinement
- Identify and reduce risk in current and future processes
- Gather analytical data from various sources in order to build and develop databases and other means of information dissemination
- Work closely with Sourcing, R&D, QC, QA, and other departments or external entities as needed to carry out investigations into existing products and potential new products
- Collaborate with distillation partners around the world, with potential for identifying various means of increasing efficiency and yield
- Regularly assess doTERRA’s distillation needs and work with various teams to expand distillation capabilities (new equipment, personnel, space, etc.)
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Analytical Chemistry or related degree with 2+ years’ industry experience with essential oils or related natural products required.
- Distillation experience is strongly preferred.
- Awareness of quality assurance and quality control industry practices as well as practical knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and other relevant industry regulations.
- Familiarity and/or experience with Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry or other separation chemistry methods
- Awareness of manufacturing and packaging processes for various dosage forms of essential oil or related products.
- Programming experience in MatLab and/or MathCad preferred
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.