Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
The Senior Data Engineer in Data and Integration Services, is part of a team of data and software professionals. Collectively, the team is responsible to make sure the right data, in the right format, is in the right place at the right time. This team is part of an interesting hybrid between a traditional BI team and a software development team. As such, this team will be responsible for the architecture, implementation, security, and quality of secondary sources of data and how this same data flows across doTERRA’s enterprise landscape. The team also provides means via API or database query for internal users and systems to access the data. Further, this team is critical to provide support to our DevOps team in formatting and loading data for our Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment initiatives. The Data and Integration Services team creates the secondary data sources that aggregate data from various primary sources to drive Business Intelligence reporting, feeds critical customer applications like Virtual Office, provides essential support for data migration as we continue our IT transformation efforts, and stages data from a primary source that must be available in another enterprise system. The Data Engineer 4 may be called on to assist with or lead any of the above responsibilities under the direction and guidance of the manager and architect. As a senior member of the team you may be asked to lead projects or functional areas. Coaching, collaborating, and mentoring other team members is expected.
- Primary responsibility is to ensure quality within their specific domain
- Perform Code Reviews - handle merge requests
- Monitor quality metrics (code coverage, static analysis (e.g. sonarqube), documentation, usage stats, monitors, logs, alerts, etc.)
- Research industry trends and developments in their domain
- Refactor code intelligently and systematically
- Senior expert in a specific system (E-Commerce, Commissions, Reporting, S4/Hana, etc.) or domain (QA, Databases, Mobile, Web, etc.)
- Senior level support (drives resolution when an issue is isolated to their domain).
- Assists with the architecture in diagnosing issues, creating prototypes (as necessary), and vendor management.
- Mentors other engineers (specifically within their domain)
- Authors and maintains key interface points and business critical functions
- With help of the Architect, designs interfaces, data structures, and architectures
- Working with the development team provides aggressive yet realistic estimates. Holds team accountable to their estimates.
- Assists architect in establishing and promoting architecture.
- Responsible for reporting and Business Intelligence development including:
- Data visualizations
- Data migration
- Ad-hoc reporting
- Data validation
- Project Management
- Provide day to day reporting solutions for Senior Management and Directors
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design and develop graphical and SQL views to be used for Business Intelligence Solutions
- Provide day to day support for BI team within SAP, Oracle and WASQL
- Create data dictionaries and maintain documentation on all system structures
- Add tables and populate data using Kafka (and KSQL), Python, BODS, SLT and RMQ
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 6-10 years’ experience in a hands-on technical role such as DBA, Software Engineer, or BI Engineer
- Experience in e-commerce and/or direct sales preferred
- Technical Skills
- SAP/HANA, PostGres, Oracle, Snowflake
- Stored Procedures
- Data Warehousing (Dimensional Modeling)
- ETL processes
- Messaging and Queuing Systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.)
- SAP BODS/SLT
- Programming experience (Java, C#, C/C++, PHP)
- Scripting Experience (Python, Perl, Bash, Sed/Awk)
- NoSQL Database Architectures
- Interpersonal and Team Expectations
- Handle stress related to conflicting priorities and meeting schedule deadlines.
- Ability to work after-hours and weekends as required to meet project deadlines of a growing and dynamic company, and coordinate with resources outside the US
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts, and methodologies
- Experience with Agile development methodology preferred
- Creative, Persistent, Focused
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.