Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Data Engineer position is part of the Data and Integration Services team. Collectively, the team is responsible for connecting people to the data they need to do their job. We have some unique challenges with both source and target systems and other challenges caused by the data growth itself that keep our team constantly learning and developing newer and better solutions. The team is also a resource for multiple other teams and systems. For example, we provide support to our DevOps team in formatting and loading data for our Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment initiatives. The Data and Integration Services team creates the secondary data sources that aggregate data from various primary sources to drive Business Intelligence reporting, feeds critical customer applications like Virtual Office, provides essential support for data migration as we continue our IT transformation efforts, and stages data from a primary source that must be available in another enterprise system.
- Help build and maintain tools, scripts, and systems that extract, transfer, and load data from multiple source systems to multiple target systems.
- Constantly learn and share your new knowledge with others on the team.
- Innovate and refactor current systems to make them better and faster.
- Become the expert in your field and help others become experts in their field
- Build interfaces and other processes to monitor and manage data integrity.
- Provide day to day support for multiple teams and multiple databases
- Technical Skills
- 2+ years experience with one or more of the following:
- PostgreSQL or Snowflake or Oracle or MySQL or SAP/HANA
- 2+ years of strong development experience with Python OR PHP.
- API / REST experience / knowledge
- Writing and tuning SQL queries
- ETL processes
- Messaging and Queuing Systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.)
- SAP BODS/SLT
- Basic Linux administration skills
- Basic HTML, CSS knowledge
- Interpersonal and Team Expectations
- Handle stress related to conflicting priorities and meeting schedule deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts, and methodologies
- Creative, Persistent, Focused
- Passion and aptitude to learn new technologies, processes and systems
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.