Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Sr. Product Manager will act as a technical liaison between stakeholders and development teams. This role will define and execute processes necessary to determine the business priorities of an industry leading organization, including primary research, secondary research, financial assessment, return on investment, costs, and/or impact to user experience. Being able to succinctly define a story, suggest a set or requirements, and justify the prioritization of business objectives is a must, through both written and verbal explanations. Working across engineering, marketing, sales, member services, and user experience group with doTERRA. This role will have multiple stakeholders and will need to gain alignment for successful prioritization and risk mitigation. Having functional knowledge of a network marketing company, and awareness of this function's role within the company is essential. This role will work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Ensures budgets, schedules, and performance requirements are met. This role will help develop product management processes, programs, and internal reports, while helping promote product management programs. The project scope and timeline will be managed and defined by this role. This role will communicate project scope and timelines to executive leadership and internal stakeholders.
- Product Owner: Identify problems and meet needs of internal and external customers, define and prioritize product requirements, lead agile development process, execute timely product launches, continuously enhance and optimize performance.
- Business Analyst: Identify product and feature success metrics, measure and monitor performance, conduct data analytics to prioritize future development and identify new product opportunities.
- Product Roadmap Vision: Create high-level strategy, identify phased releases for products, present and articulate business case to executive management.
- Build, Buy & Partner Decisions: Perform vendor research and due diligence, lead ROI analysis, negotiate contracts. Develop and manage product related vendor relationships.
- Subject Matter Expert: Serve as primary representative for project team and internal stakeholders, articulate data analytics to drive value to business partners.
- Write product specifications and work directly with other product teams during their product development cycle.
- Lead the development and execution of business features for current and products that will enable doTERRA to scale rapidly. Identify key metrics, build reports, and run analysis to determine opportunities to enhance or develop new features, functionality and products.
- Gather project requirements and definitions with various internal business units and external third party companies
- Identify business needs, create user stories, and translate requests into technical requirements for the development team.
- Organize and maintain each project’s respective backlog through grooming sessions, daily standups, and sprint planning.
- Evaluating vendor and/or products to insure they will meet current or future needs
- Coordinate with business units on the user interface (UI) layout and design of all web applications.
- Proactively manage and set deliverable timelines and ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner and on budget
- Perform and coordinate software acceptance and regression testing
- Perform and coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT) and post-implementation validation.
- Coordinate and manage release of digital products, including plan, prioritize, and deliver systems features.
- Continually ensure clear and timely communication among all stakeholder and involved parties
- Proactively assess and mitigate project risks
- Serve as a project liaison for internal business units and third-party vendors.
- Educating and mentoring individuals on Agile methodology will be essential to this individual’s success.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 10+ years of related experience, and 4 to 6 years of product management experience with demonstrated accomplishments in implementing projects and other initiatives. Candidate must be able to demonstrate a history of repeatedly leading successful project execution.
- Prior work experience with development methodologies including Waterfall, Scrum, Agile, and/or Lean.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present and communicate complex solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to create and maintain standard project deliverables for multiple projects such as: technical product specifications, requirements backlogs, process flows, wireframes, mockups, timelines, project plan, etc.
- Aptitude to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Capable of facilitating communication between stakeholders from all levels of the organization while objectively identifying and resolving conflict.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and prioritize competing priorities
- Understand all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Proficiently drive business participation in all phases of the project.
- Proficient analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organization, time management, self-initiative, sense of ownership and accountability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to comprehend technical information and instructions in order to communicate and collaborate with coworkers, clients, stakeholders, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA preferred.
- Experience with product performance monitoring and optimization
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong technical experience, preferably in software engineering
- Knowledge of databases, SQL structures and writing simple queries
- Experience/background in the Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) industry
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.