Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Job Title: Director, Global Supply Chain - Personal & Home Care
Reports to: Sr. Director of Operations
Job Description: Director, Global Supply Chain - PCHC is responsible for managing Supplier Development Manager(s), Buyers and/or Purchasing Assistant(s) involved with the procurement of all raw materials, finished goods, and packaging associated with personal and home care products at doTERRA. Director, Global Supply Chain - PCHC is responsible for building, maintaining, and developing supplier relationships to source the highest quality goods and services to achieve the best value to support product timelines and overall supply chain objectives.
- Manages and mentors Supplier Development Manager(s), Buyer(s), and Purchasing Assistant(s)
- Assists Sr. Director of Operations with various projects, reports, system and process improvements, and other tasks as assigned.
- Works with Operations, R&D, Product Development, Product Marketing, Creative Services, QA and Finance, and others to strengthen key supplier relations and ensure a strong supply chain.
- Proactively seeks to improve lead times, quality, profits, and cash flow
- Negotiates with suppliers for goods and services, negotiating the best value and service guarantee
- Ensure ERP system accuracy by maintaining disciplined transactional accuracy
- Knowledge of cosmetic raw materials, finished goods, and packaging specifications and pricing is required.
- Develop systems and processes to improve efficiencies
- Helps manage goods through the entire product lifecycle from launch through retirement, and ensures appropriate inventory levels are maintain that meet global supply chain objectives
- Ensures long term supply of needed goods and services
- Build and establish long term business relationships with key suppliers and contract manufacturing partners
- Develops and qualifies new supply sources where existing sources are inadequate
- Assists in establishing and training on purchasing policies and ensures supplier and employee compliance
- Track and monitor receipt of all goods through QA release, including raw materials, primary packaging, secondary packaging, and finished goods to ensure quality and on-time deliveries
- Resolve and manage any issues or conflicts that arise during the production of goods
- Requests RFQ/RFP and proposals, evaluate submissions, and authorize purchasing
- Establishes account/credit and terms
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors costs during the period
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers
- Traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders
- Resolves PO/contract to invoice discrepancies to ensure timely payment
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with U.S. laws
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics
- Performs regular business reviews with suppliers
- Responsible to request and receive monthly inventory and open order reports for all 3rd party vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or business-related area or equivalent work experience
- Prior personnel management experience preferred
- Strong understanding of MRP and other supply chain functions and best practices and ability to apply concepts in a meaningful way
- Procurement experience, with cosmetic raw ingredients, finished goods, and packaging experience strongly preferred
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP experience strongly preferred)
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong ethical code of conduct.
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.