Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
This position is responsible for the leadership of the regulatory affairs team. They direct global product registration, recommend regulatory affairs strategy, communicate product registration status and otherwise oversee product regulatory affairs for the company. This individual oversees the development of a team of regulatory affairs professionals as well as manages the regulatory department for a large and growing business with ongoing international expansion efforts, which includes creating and implementing department processes, training, planning, budgeting and recruiting. They are responsible for department culture and overall team success.
- Supervise and develop doTERRA’s Regulatory Affairs team to support global product registration and regulatory compliance.
- Direct development, review and approval of department procedures and systems to facilitate regulatory compliance.
- Report to top management and stakeholders on product registration progress, roadblocks and risks.
- Direct the system for obtainment, filing, and monitoring of market regulations concerning ingredients, claims, marketing materials, registration requirements and product delivery systems to determine strategies for product classification and regulatory compliance of essential oil, nutritional, personal care and household products.
- Support team in their ability to obtain and generate documents and solve complex problems in support of product registrations.
- Review and approve risk evaluations, stability protocols, specifications and artwork approvals when needed.
- Direct and monitor the training plan to current department procedures and country regulations as well as plan for future training needs.
- Manage the initial setup and development of new markets for product registration/regulatory process development.
- Interact with regulatory authorities on behalf of doTERRA for product regulatory issues or regulatory initiatives.
- Develop and manage the Regulatory Affairs department budget.
- Review and ongoing development of key performance indicators, metrics, reports, service standards and databases to facilitate the individual success of team members and the department as whole.
- Monitor workload, plan and build team strategies for current and future resource and system needs.
- Oversee collaborative efforts with R&D, International and Product Marketing teams, both in the US and foreign markets, to recommend product registration strategy, accomplish market-appropriate formulations and ensure compliance with requirements of doTERRA’s global markets.
- Research, interview and setup new regulatory consultants. Continually build and develop new and existing relationships for the mutual benefit of doTERRA and the consultant.
- Oversee department planning, overall culture and team environment.
- Monitor and maintain regulatory status of existing products in assigned markets and maintain strong regulatory knowledge and manage projects directly when needed.
- Meet regularly with team members.
- Recruit, interview and hire new talent.
- Bachelor Degree or higher. Food Science, Nutrition, Chemistry, or related technical field preferred
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience with proven track record of registering our main product categories-dietary supplements, personal care and household products, and preferably essential oils-globally or equivalent combination of education and experience. Essential oil regulatory experience a plus.
- 5+ years management experience
- Proven leadership skills in strategic and tactical management of regulatory affairs activities and personnel and the ability to provide constructive feedback and coach others.
- Demonstrated success in project management, cross-functional task management, critical thinking, and analytical evaluation.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate complex legal and technical regulations.
- Proven ability to communicate well especially while discussing complex, technical issues with non-scientific personnel.
- Strong organizational skills, especially in the creation and maintenance of product dossiers and filing systems.
- Foreign language skills strongly desired.
- Periodic travel may be required. Must have or be able to obtain a Passport that allows international travel.