Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Job Description: This is a full-time corporate based position responsible for executing the global demand planning process and maintaining the statistical forecasts for assigned products. This position will work closely with product marketing, the operations product category team, and international planning to establish the global forecasts that are collaboratively reviewed with all stakeholders to build consensus while managing inventory risk.
- Develop and maintain a rolling statistical demand forecast for assigned product lines at the SKU level for all global markets
- Review the statistical and market forecasts with sales, marketing, finance and supply chain management, explaining the business assumptions behind the forecast and methods used to quantify each event
- Manage global and international product launches and product updates throughout the supply chain
- Participate in Sales and Operations Planning, communicating forecasts to Inventory and Supply Planning and facilitating feedback communication of any constraints or decisions made in S&OP review
- Formalize a department forecasting process through historical accuracy analysis, research of proven methods and recommended modifications that reap improved accuracy
- Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by managing a collaborative demand planning process with sales, marketing and finance stakeholders at the market and regional levels
- Compare forecasts to targeted inventory levels. Explain variances, note uncertainty and highlight risk areas to the consensus team
- Review with the operations product category team marketing, global and regional product strategies, including product launches, promotions, product retirement and other events that affect forecasts
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process by measuring a broad set of metrics: forecast error, forecast bias, inventory levels, customer service levels, etc.
- Examine inventory levels derived from MRP parameters for each finished good; where necessary, modify lead time and safety time parameters established in MRP system to optimize department inventory strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain/operations, or other equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in supply chain planning, purchasing, manufacturing and logistics
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Strong interpersonal skills essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Self-starter with ability to complete projects independently, efficiently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong time-management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently and to solve complex problems, applying expertise in business intelligence and data solutions to drive best practices and innovative solutions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of new information that will enhance the ability of management to lead the business.
- Extensive experience using Demand Planning or other software related to demand planning is required.
- Comprehensive experience of ERP/ MRP, Forecast Models, Inventory Strategies, and Sales and Operations Planning; SAP experience is strongly preferred.
- Understands regulatory and business requirements so as to proactively anticipate and address potential issues and conflicts in demand planning and forecasting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Business acumen - understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals
- Communication - excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in influencing others in cross-functional areas
- Possess a strong work ethic and sense of urgency, self-starter
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.