Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
The HR Generalist is an integral member of the doTERRA HR Team and Global Logistics. This position proactively collaborates with employees, management, and other departments. This position is responsible for proactively developing relationships of trust and executing multiple HR functions with emphasis in employee relations and compliance.
· Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations
· Maintain current knowledge of relevant employment laws and regulations such as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), etc.
· Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software
· Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns
· Administers new hire onboarding and training new employees on how to use and access the time management system, computer, payroll, benefits, and performance management software
· Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed
· Confer with management to develop or implement performance improvement plans, disciplinary action and recommending improvements to personnel policies or procedures
· Provide management with information and training related to performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or documentation of performance issues in a manner that helps the managers learn and strengthens the relationship of trust and respect in HR
· Analyze employment-related data and prepare required reports
· Act as the first point of contact for questions regarding benefits or payroll
· Exercises good judgment and understands from the context of situations when discretion or confidentiality may be expected
· Proactively identifies new ways to improves processes, reinforce the company culture, support deliberate talent management, and enable employee success
· Schedule drug tests for current or prospective employees
· Bachelor’s degree in any field of study or 2-4 years of experience in a role with some similar responsibilities preferred
· SHRM or HRCI Certification(s) preferred but not required (i.e., PHR)
· Skills in computer systems, analytics, or statistics are preferred
· Self-starter with strong time management and prioritization skills
· Treats others with respect, dignity, and integrity at all times
· Eager to learn and enjoys continuous education
· Ability to understand the business operations
· Must be a confident communicator, including written, and verbal skills
· Ability to effectively manage projects to timely completion
· Some knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance issues helpful, on the job training may be provided
· Absolutely must possess a high level of honesty, integrity, and ethics
· Ability to work the required schedule (40+ hours/week) and work at the specific location required
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.