Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
As a key member of doTERRA’s Corporate Communications team, this role successfully develops and implements key internal communications strategies, including the development, creation and distribution of internal communications content to all employees through the corporate intranet and email, and supports events and projects to improve the employee engagement experience and keep internal customers informed about the business. The effective communications programs and deliverables you implement will drive shared understanding and a strong company culture, supporting doTERRA’s business objectives. This position will report directly to the Corporate Communications Content Manager.
This role works closely with a wide range of functions and geographies, and all levels of the company, from C-level management to interns. You'll execute creative, innovative stories and ideas to inform, motivate, and align team members; partner closely with Public Relation, Marketing, Human Resources and other colleagues to identify key topics, themes and messaging to share company-wide; and bring best practices to support our effort to build a people-first culture.
This highly collaborative position requires great people skills, excellent writing and editing skills, as well as a passion for storytelling. Experience with content management systems and communications tools is important. Ability to deliver quality results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Communicating doTERRA’s values and culture internally in a way that fosters employee engagement and strengthens the organization.
- Creating an overall communications experience that not only engages and informs internal customers about the internal priorities and events, and soliciting their feedback, but also facilitating collaborative communication across the organization.
- Promote a positive flow of information internally.
- Write, edit, review and ensure consistency of messaging across internal platforms.
- Review and edit internal communications prior to dissemination for accuracy, clarity, and tone of voice.
- Develops creative content to build understanding of processes, policies and decisions.
- Proactively identify engaging stories and messages connected to strategic goals.
- Assist in developing emergency content and communications response to employees.
- Evaluate requests and work with Corporate Communications management to develop effective communication plans for business goals.
- Plan, respond, write, and edit internal communication to drive engagement.
- Review and proofread material to ensure consistency in messaging and adherence to brand standards across all content and channels.
- Maintain and plan an internal communication calendar to prioritize and adapt to organizational needs.
- Manage the weekly employee newsletter content.
- Identify new trends and methods of communications that can be introduced to communicate more effectively with employees; making recommendations to Internal Communications management.
- Develop and review internal initiatives on a quarterly basis to make regular communication improvements.
- Perform other duties and assist other employees, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years' experience in internal communications or public relations in a corporate and/or agency environment
- Must have design knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal, writing and organizational skills
- Ability to respond quickly and readily to leadership requests
- Seek out proficiency with products and services, including rules and regulations, policies and procedures
- Excellent editor and proofreader
- Ability to learn and understand doTERRA’s culture, vision, and mission and integrate these into communication materials
- Strong ability to receive feedback with a positive outlook to confirm communication meets leadership needs
- Ability to solve problems and handle complex details with resilience and positivity
- Use independent judgment and take initiative in absence of specific directions from management
- Multi-task orientation to handle a number of projects at once while remaining flexible to changing requirements and priorities
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to develop ideas into executable plans
- Ability to "see ahead" and steer on communications rather than operate reactively as a default
- Shows initiative and ability to manage time, prioritize multiple and concurrent tasks and produce results under tight deadlines. Must be deadline and detail-oriented while simultaneously being flexible and able to meet sudden and unpredictable needs
- Diplomatic and comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback, while maintaining relationships
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and work independently and as part of a team
- Able to analyze content and channel effectiveness
- Results driven strategic thinker to identify and prioritize opportunities and implement change expediently
- Photography and video production and editing skills a plus.
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.