Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
This is an entry-level part-time junior data science position (may count as an internship). The primary responsibilities of this role include helping the data science team perform tasks germane to data science, such as advanced statistical analysis, forecasting, data/text mining, prescriptive modeling, survey data analysis, and machine learning. This role has a heavy programming component, which includes developing scripts to automate processes, perform ETL, and develop analytics applications.
- Write programming scripts to automate business processes and perform ETL tasks
- Test, review, and re-factor code for various projects
- Aid in the development and operationalization of analytics applications (primarily Shiny)
- Build, test, and prototype predictive/prescriptive, data mining, and machine learning models
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis based on research questions posed by company leadership
- Working toward an undergraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or related business degree required
- Working toward a master’s degree in Data Science, Analytics, Business Analytics, Statistics, or related degree preferred
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficiency in R programming (preferred) or analytics oriented programming language
- Exposure to version control (Git/Github preferred)
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical analysis techniques
- Experience with SQL and pulling data from various databases and sources
- Knowledge of predictive/prescriptive modeling, data mining, and machine learning concepts
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.