Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Performs various analytical/physical testing and administrative duties such as SOP authoring, logbook generation, and maintenance. Review forms and notebooks that are relevant to both EO Science labs and personnel. Trains employees on SOPs, protocols, and QA. Ensures supplies are stocked, ordering supplies and asses needs of equipment, ensuring equipment is functioning properly, in good repair, kept clean, organized, and orders are taken care of. Oversees and instructs lab technician(s) and other activities as directed. Additional primary duties include compliance with GMP, GLP’s and testing best practices, coordination with R&D, QA, and Regulatory for specifications ensuring the identity, purity, strength, potency, and composition of essential oils.
Responsible for the production of lab samples and product testing (performance, stability,
* Give direction to lab technician(s) on daily activities and workflow.
* Perform chemical and physical analyses on raw materials and finished products using standard
analytical instrumentation such as GCMS, GCFID, OR, RI, Density, LCMS, etc.
* Communicate with clients/suppliers and respond to them on time.
* Interpret test results and peer review of other's work performed.
* Review results for accuracy.
* Review lab notebooks and other appropriate logbooks before the data release.
* Perform routine standardization and maintenance of lab equipment.
* Determine re-testing parameters and prepare Out of Specification reports.
* Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and train employees on testing methods.
* Review lab SOPs and forms used for routine lab analysis to improve design where necessary and
store in compliance with record-keeping requirements.
* Conduct lab safety training and ensure safety protocols are followed.
* Monitor analytical laboratory inventory supply.
* Keep an inventory of all other lab supplies.
* Prepare orders for supplies, media, equipment, etc.
* Meet with vendors to obtain pricing as needed.
* Help develop and validate new methods and equipment for testing.
* Assist in the distillation of raw material to obtain pure oil samples.
* Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Science related field with preference in chemistry.
* 2 + years progressively responsible work experience in a chemistry-related field preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of FDA regulations and GMP laboratory compliance preferred.
* Knowledge of hardware and software maintenance of GCMS/LCMS.
* Knowledge of common analytical/physical testing techniques with regard to the validation process
and required regulations.
* Knowledge of statistical analysis.
* Organizational skills.
* Project Management Skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Technical writing skills.
* Knowledge of method validations.
* Knowledge of record-keeping requirements.
* Experienced level computer skills including word processors, spreadsheets, databases, quality management software, and statistical analysis applications.
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
|Function:||Research and Development|
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.