Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
This internship will run from Jan- April 2022. Intern will be responsible for assisting lab personnel in sample preparation, testing, analysis, and day-to-day maintenance of all lab equipment. Participate in distillations, record keeping, inventory, stocking and maintaining a clean and organized lab space.
- Ensure laboratory safety guidelines and good laboratory practices are followed at all times.
- Prepare, maintain, and perform analytical and chemical testing.
- Prepare and dispense solutions, chemical materials for lab use, which may include solvents, reagents, oils, aroma chemicals, acids, bases, buffers, and unknowns.
- Operate scientific equipment such as: GCMS, GCFID, Refractometer, Optical Rotation, Specific Gravity, Distillation and more.
- Perform organoleptic evaluations on essential oil samples and provide feedback on aroma profile and consistency.
- Assist in special projects and experiments as assigned.
- Monitor, collect, and process waste materials and chemical along. Properly process and dispose of waste.
- Assist in distillation of raw materials to obtain pure oil samples.
- Receive samples from customers and catalog samples in the appropriate manifest.
- Work with lab supervisor to ensure samples are retained and easily accessed.
- Receive and stock materials, supplies, inventories, and equipment for laboratory use.
- Clean up after each lab session by washing, and if necessary, sterilizing tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Science and related field
- Experience working in a lab or technical setting (preferred)
- Essential oil experience (preferred)
- Organizational skills
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals
- Able to work independently and safely.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical writing skills
- Able to understand and follow laboratory safety procedures.
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.