Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Job Description: Provides packaging engineering expertise for doTERRA International; including a focus upon liquid product containers and closures, guidance for optimizing materials and design improvements, and interfacing with 3rd party contractors of packaged goods. Additional duties include networking with current and potential product packaging suppliers and evaluation of packaging alternatives for the selection of best options to resolve issues.
- Lead primary packaging sourcing and have a network of vendors to work with
- Establish and build a solid network of primary packaging suppliers for doTERRA products
- Facilitate direct relationships with packaging suppliers where available
- Maintains industry network of contacts and references to ensure best packaging practices
- Evaluates materials and configurations to gain optimal package design
- Provides expertise in areas of product package design, development, and commercialization
- Coordinate packaging validation efforts with the engineering team
- Be an excellent collaborator within the Supply Chain organization, Marketing, Quality, Legal and ad hoc project teams
- Ability to drive multiple initiatives simultaneously, perform risk assessment and create mitigation plans for successful accomplishment of projects within target milestone.
- Provides special emphasis upon container and closure applications in liquid products
- Provides direct project management for certain packaging related projects
- Evaluates and implements value engineering opportunities in packaging
- Provides packaging expertise to 3rd party contract manufacturers
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, or equivalent
- A minimum of five years of proven packaging experience, ideally within Cosmetics or Personal Care categories.
- Personal knowledge of packaging materials and package design principles
- An extensive personal network of industry contacts and authorities for reference
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, product designs, safety, and quality
- Adaptable to managing changing business needs.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.