Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
Job Description: Job Description:
Job Description: The operations Manager plans, directs and coordinates the operations of KMR. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies. Position is locted in Hawaii.
- Coordination and Supervision - Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of distillation, field work (including all forestry), property and infrastructure maintenance and improvement, and operational equipment in the organization.
- Financial - Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve profitability through planning, efficiency improvements and expanded revenue opportunities. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial wellbeing of the company.
- Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental, and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Human Resources - Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required operational staff. Establish operations organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Production - Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in fieldwork, maintenance, production, warehousing, pricing and distribution of goods. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of products and services. Manage quality and quantity of operations employee productivity. Manage maintenance of infrastructure, equipment and machinery. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Communication - With regards to KMR operations, monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service - Manage client and customer support. Plan and support sales and marketing activities.
- Strategic Input - Work with General Manager to provide communication and strategic direction for review of top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- College degree in forestry, business administration, commerce, management, industrial technology or industrial engineering.
- At least 5 years of industry relevant field or production experience
- At least 5 years of experience in managing operational teams, including HR functions associated with those teams.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices including the structure and function of financial statements.
- Knowledge and experience with human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Information technology skills