Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Designs and creates natural-only essential oil blends and develops fragrance-based products in a collaborative laboratory environment. Leads blend development using strong scientific and artistic/creative skills. Performs daily lab operations to compound oils for the purposes of evaluation and testing.
- Designs product formulas according to desired aroma profile, safety, benefits, and cost.
- Compounds blends according to the highest standards.
- Solves technical challenges that are typically encountered in the development of fragrances.
- Accurately weighs raw materials in the proper sequence, utilizing an electronic scale and disposable pipettes.
- Compares organoleptic characteristics of current essential oils and raw materials samples with samples of previous batches.
- Generates and interprets data for the development of fragrances.
- Ensures organization and good storage conditions of inventory.
- Documents formulas and their chemical profiles according to established R&D Essential Oil Development processes in a timely manner.
- Works closely with Marketing to iterate essential oil blends to meet product requirements.
- Adds fragrances to personal care/household cleaner product formula bases for a wide range of applications in collaboration with R&D Personal Care/Household formulators.
- Works with the Sourcing Team to acquire and assess raw materials.
- Partners with doTERRA analytical laboratories to assess chemical and physical characteristics of raw materials and blends through interpretation of data derived through GCMS, HPLC, and headspace analyses.
- Proposes new raw materials and innovative aromatic profiles that meet the company’s standards.
Provides technical descriptors, including aromatic descriptors and chemical profiles, for specifications of raw materials and essential oil blends.
- Exercises understanding of raw materials regulation, safety, and quality standards.
- Trains R&D Development Scientists, Quality Control technicians, and other personnel in aromatic knowledge on a regular basis.
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry or Science with a strong emphasis on chemistry.
- Advanced training in perfumery.
- 2-4+ years’ experience formulating and evaluating raw materials, or working in a perfumery-related field.
- Demonstrated exceptional olfactive and creative skills.
- Strong knowledge of the chemical and aromatic properties of raw materials and their usage in blends.
- Experience with and passion for utilizing only natural ingredients in aroma/fragrance formulation.
- Desire and willingness to work within the constraints of using only pure and natural essential oils (no isolates nor synthetics) in formulations.
- Passion for essential oils and other natural raw materials.
- Knowledge of IFRA guidelines.
- Laboratory experience and knowledge of common analytical/physical testing techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, especially Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent math skills, including the ability to calculate percentages.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, while juggling multiple tasks.
- Willingness to collaborate cross-functionally with multiple teams.
- Project management skills.
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
|Function:||Research and Development|
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.