Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Position: Product Safety Research Intern
Description: This is a temporary position intended for a candidate who is interested in broadening their knowledge and gaining experience conducting scientific research in an industry setting. The position plays a supporting role for research projects, initiatives, and programs with an emphasis on the toxicology of essential oils. This position is for a candidate who is highly organized, ambitious, willing to learn, and who has proven experience solving technical problems and completing complex projects in a timely matter.
- Assist in conducting scientific research pertaining to the effects of essential oils and other botanical extracts on human health and disease.
- Assist in collecting and organizing scientific literature on a specific product safety questions.
- Assist in drafting a safety/toxicological reports.
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Autonomous with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on-site for 30 hours per week
- A foundation in chemistry, molecular biology, and/or human physiology
- A basic understanding of data engineering concepts
- Experience with of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Enrolled in a science-based undergraduate program (biology and/or chemistry preferred)
- Experience navigating scientific databases such as PubMed and PubChem
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.