Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Supervises and trains all chemistry lab staff as well as performs a variety of analytical/physical testing and administrative duties such as SOP authoring and review to maintain a GMP compliant analytical laboratory. Additional duties include all new or needed updates to GMP compliant methods, including new analytes and optimization of methods needed for routine testing.
- Responsible for testing and supervising the testing of the production of lab samples (performance, stability, analytical, etc.).
- Perform chemical and physical analyses on raw materials and finished products using standard analytical instrumentation such as FTIR, GC, HPLC and ICP.
- Interpret test results and peer review of others work performed
- Review all results and lab notebooks prior to data release
- Perform routine standardization and maintenance of lab equipment
- Determine re-testing parameters and prepares Out of Specification reports
- Review lab SOPs and forms used for routine lab analysis to improve design where necessary and store in compliance with record keeping requirements
- Monitor analytical laboratory inventory supply
- Prepare orders for supplies, media, equipment, etc.
- Meet with vendors to obtain pricing as needed
- Support the development and validation of new methods and equipment for testing
- Write Standard Operating Procedures and train employees on testing methods
- Conduct lab safety training
- Collect SDS sheets for chemicals and reagents
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
- And/or 6 + years progressively responsible work experience in a chemistry related field preferred.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest developments in analytics within analytical sciences.
- Specialist expertise in HPLC, UPLC, UV, GC, GCMS, LCMS, FTIR, Polarimeter, Colorimeter, Refractometer, and other general lab instrumentation
- Experience with characterization and evaluation of formulations as related to analytical necessity and testing.
- Proactive, with an ability to operate on own initiative and with good problem-solving skills
- Organized, accurate, productive and efficient.
- Demonstrated leadership ability through experience and training
- Knowledge of FDA regulations and compliance and experience with the preparation for and inspection by regulatory auditors
- Knowledge of common analytical/physical testing techniques regarding validation process and required regulations
- Project Management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical writing skills
- Knowledge of validation methods
- Knowledge of record keeping requirements
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office programs
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.