Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Job Description: This position develops analytical methods for chemistry, stability, and related testing programs. This role performs verification and validation activities utilizing industry-standard instrumentation and technical expertise to ensure accurate and precise results. Additional primary duties include supporting compliance with GMP’s and testing best practices, coordination with QA, R&D, and Regulatory Affairs for specifications ensuring the identity, purity, strength, potency, and composition of doTERRA’s household, cosmetics, dietary supplement, and over the counter drugs.
- Provide technical support in developing and optimization of analytical methods to support process development, product formulation studies, material release, and in-process monitoring.
- Specialize in method development, qualification, and validation in different stages of product development.
- Review lab SOPs and forms used for routine lab analysis to improve design where necessary and store in compliance with record-keeping requirements.
- Specialist expertise in chromatography (HPLC, LCMS, GC, GCMS, etc.).
- Develop, validate, and perform chemical and physical analyses on raw materials and finished products using standard analytical instrumentation such as GC, HPLC, MS, and ICP-MS.
- Review all results and lab notebooks prior to data release.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret results.
- Collect SDS sheets for chemicals and reagents.
- Understand process and formulation development to identify and document critical factors that impact method performance and/or analytical development activities in relation to chromatography and general chemistry methods.
- Develop, validate, and transfer (as applicable) analytical methods, suitable for progressive stages of product and process development. Generate validation protocols and reports.
- Design validation studies in compliance with FDA and other government guidelines and identify critical factors that may not be mandated by the guidelines but are essential for qualifying the methods for their intended use.
- Perform assay troubleshooting and improve analytical methods as needed. Data interpretation and analysis.
- Author and review protocols, reports, and analytical methods.
- Support continuous improvement of lab processes for increased efficiency.
- Interact closely with the Research and Development Department.
- Perform routine standardization and maintenance of analytical lab equipment. Provide assistance, as needed, during IQ/OQ/PQ and preventive maintenance of lab equipment.
- Operate at a consistent and exemplary level of efficiency, producing high quality, and accurate results with a customer-driven focus.
- Safely operate laboratory equipment in accordance with established practices.
- Bachelors and/or Masters in a relevant discipline, (e.g., Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Bioengineering, etc.).
- 8+ years of experience in analytical assay development/optimization.
- Experience in optimization, development, and validation of analytical methods.
- Experience with analytical method development using HPLC, LCMS, GC, GCMS, ICP-MS is required.
- Practical understanding of phase-appropriate analytical assay development and validation.
- Ability to use and maintain routine laboratory equipment.
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.