Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Job Description: This position is responsible for formulating new personal care and household products, improving existing products, process development, and pilot scale-ups as well as managing outsourced product development projects.
* Develop new and reformulate existing personal care and household products that are delivered within cost, performance, and schedule requirements.
* Identify, invent, evaluate and implement new technologies and effective and safe ingredients based on global marketing objectives and product strategy.
* Provide technical leadership in cross-functional product development teams (Marketing, Operations, QA/QC, & Regulatory) to create new product concepts and profiles, and formulate new products accordingly.
* Conduct formal and informal meetings with project team members to ensure that critical path tasks are being completed on a timely basis.
* Strategize and execute the formulation, reformulation, and pilot plans.
* Troubleshoot formulation issues during pilot and scale-ups and support a tech transfer in product manufacturing to new contract manufacturers.
* Interact closely with third-party manufacturers and formulators in scaling up new product development and improving existing products and processes.
* Requires some travel, up to several days per month.
* Help conduct production feasibility and trials during the development of the product; establish specifications, stability, and safety requirements.
* Evaluate product testing results and help establish process limits.
* Maintenance of existing line of doTERRA personal care and household products. Promptly address any formulation or ingredient issues.
* Ensure all doTERRA personal care and household products and labels meet the requirements of all global laws and regulations.
* Develop and maintain relationships with manufacturers, external organizations, and raw ingredient suppliers: solicit and evaluate new raw ingredients or replacements, product ideas, and new manufacturing technologies.
* Provide technical support to other scientists.
* Requires B.S. or M.S. degree in cosmetic chemistry or related field with 5-10 years or more experience in cosmetic and household product formulation preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to develop natural personal care products with essential oils.
* Practical experience with products, process development, and regulatory requirements in developing cosmetic and home care products is highly desirable.
* QA/QC awareness as well as practical knowledge of GMPs.
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must be a team player and able to interact effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and assignments effectively.
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
|Function:||Research and Development|
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.