Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Seeking a highly self-motivated Systems Engineer to join our growing IT Operations
Group. This position will support server hardware, storage, backups, VMWare, Linux, and Microsoft distributions around the globe. As a senior member of the team, the Systems Engineer will be expected to be a mentor and go-to person for quick resolution of difficult technical problems. This position will also be responsible for major contributions to technical architecture, documentation and systems project management.
- Work as one of the teams Linux experts.
- Assist with administering mission-critical software such as databases and web application servers.
- Hardware installation and troubleshooting.
- Perl and Bash scripting.
- Salt Stack configuration and management.
- Monitor system logs and activities.
- Participate in a 24 x 7 on-call rotation
- Mentor other team members.
- Lead team projects
- Assist with security audit and compliance tasks.
- Document architecture and essential function methodologies.
- Lead role supporting applications
- Solid understanding of networking concepts: the OSI model, TCP, IP, routing, firewalls, load balancers.
- Ability to motivate and coach other team members
- Interest in learning new technologies and working with proof of concepts to promote new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Storage concepts including iSCSI, fiber channel, LVM and NFS.
- Understanding of multi-tiered applications and the J2EE Java development paradigm.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure.
- Develop new architectural changes to the infrastructure and provide necessary recommendations.
- Design operations and implementation scripts and automation; configure and write supporting documentation.
- Ensure availability, scalability and performance of the Linux Server environment.
- Perform ongoing maintenance, patching, hot fixes and software upgrades.
- Develop and maintain operation documentation, disaster recover documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Lead and assist in areas of technical innovations and cost savings improvements.
- Bachelors degree in related field or 10+ years experience required
- 8+ years experience working with Linux.
- 5+ years working with VMWare
- 5+ years scripting in bash, perl or ruby.
- Perform security hardening via group policies, local policies, scripting, etc.
- Provide on-call support on a rotational basis as assigned.
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with SaltStack
- Experience with Avamar and Data Domain backup software.
- Experience with vCenter and vRealize
- Experience with Effcient IP
- Experience with AWS services, compute and storage.
- Experience with Load balancers.
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.