Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Department: Web Development
Reports To: Senior Manager, IT Development
The Software Engineer’s focus is on implementing, developing and maintaining doTERRA’s digital presence across a variety of websites. This role, in collaboration with other web developers, will work to make doTERRA’s content accessible and accurate, enable commerce for doTERRA products, and provide business tools for doTERRA’s international markets, Wellness Advocates, Wholesale Customers and prospects.
The ideal candidate will be a strong team contributor, will be eager to learn, be relentless in developing their craft as a software professional, will seek other’s experience, and will find great satisfaction in the patient pursuit of excellence. doTERRA is an ambitious and growing international company that will provide challenge and reward for years to come.
- The primary responsibility of the Software Engineer is to ensure quality of web applications for doTERRA (ecommerce, crm, catalog and content, etc.)
- Participate in code reviews - handle merge requests
- Monitor quality metrics (code coverage, static analysis (e.g. sonarqube), documentation, usage stats, monitors, logs, alerts, etc.)
- Research industry trends and developments in this domain
- Refactor code intelligently and systematically
- This role is an expert in the applications they support (e.g. ecommerce, commissions, virtual office, content, etc.)
- Provide level 3 support (drives resolution when an issue is isolated to their application(s)).
- Mentors and develops other developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Authors and maintains key interface points and business critical functions
- With help of the Architect and UX designers, designs interfaces and integrates with other applications and systems
- Working with the development team provides aggressive yet realistic estimates. Holds team accountable to their estimates.
- Assists architect in establishing and promoting architecture.
- Collaborates effectively with technical team, web designers, analysts and partners during the development process.
- Provides technical leadership and assumes accountability for successful development and implementation on assigned projects.
- Ensures technical solutions are properly developed, and reviews all code within assigned domain.
- Responsible for ongoing support and maintenance of assigned projects.
- Coordinates requirements, schedules, and activities; contributes to team meetings; troubleshoots development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Develops and maintains documentation as needed.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participates in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Technical Bachelor’s degree required (Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, etc.). Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ Years experience in public cloud development and deployment, AWS preferred
- Serverless software systems development (AWS Lambda, API Gateway, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of Java/JEE (JSP in particular)
- Web frameworks (React, jQuery, Bootstrap, and similar)
- Data management (SQL, XML, JSON, Hibernate)
- Web services (REST, SOAP)
- Spring Framework
- JUnit testing
- Automation testing
- Build tools and utilities (Ant, Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Agile methodologies
- Internationalization experience a big plus
- SAP Hybris (preferred)
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.