Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
- Responsible for supporting all aspects of Supplier Quality Management in line with doTERRA’s Quality Management System and Quality Policy, and to ensure our products and services are fit for purpose and meet customer expectations. Work with suppliers to develop, implement, and maintain best practices that emphasize defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste, and provide for continuous improvements. Responsible for performing supplier quality vendor / test facilities management activities including audits, qualification / validation, and monitoring. Support Quality related aspects of our supply chain, by establishing Supplier Quality Agreements, implementing statistics-based sampling plans, and streamlining / optimizing processes.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Supplier Quality activities.
- Ensure GMP compliance of our suppliers and assist with adherence to the Quality Management System
- Support supplier development strategy, designing the metrics for the function and supplier performance.
- Perform supplier qualification audits, with supplier support and collaboration.
- Support Purchasing, Operations, R&D and others with the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks.
- Support new product launches to ensure suppliers are capable of delivering the required quality standards.
- Promote the use of quality tools and techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Measurement System Analysis, (RCA) Root Cause Analysis, and FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis).
- Monitor, evaluate, report, and improve Supplier Quality system performance metrics and provide technical support to suppliers.
- Communicate supplier Quality risks to upper management while suggesting improvements and cost savings where possible.
- Manage the root cause analysis and corrective actions process of supplier quality issues.
- Where appropriate, work with the supplier directly, create corrective action plans to address process failures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science (or equivalent) with 4 - 7+ years’ experience in the Life Sciences and/or other FDA regulated industry
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical Quality Engineering tools in a supplier environment
- Excellence in development, implementation, and improvement of an industry leading supplier quality program
- Working knowledge of International and Domestic FDA regulations
- Expert knowledge of Risk Management principles and problem-solving techniques (i.e., Root Cause Analysis, FMEA process, Gage R&R, Validation activities, etc.)
- Proven expertise with root cause investigations, corrective action implementation, and effectiveness verification as related to NCR’s and SCAR’s / VCAR’s.
- Outstanding communication and conflict resolution skills
- Domestic and International Travel upwards of 25%
- Master’s degree (Engineering, Science, MBA / Supply Chain Management)
- ASQ CSQP Certification
- Understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt/LEAN Manufacturing experience a plus
- Significant experience in a comparable fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online