Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Vendor Manager is responsible for managing vendor relationship in order to source the highest quality goods and services for the most competitive price according to a timeline that supports overall supply chain objectives.
- Works with Operations, R&D, Marketing, Creative Services and Finance to strengthen key supplier relations and ensure a strong supply chain.
- Proactively seeks to improve lead times, quality, profits, and cash flow
- Negotiates with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee
- Ensure system accuracy by regularly updating and correcting errors
- Develop systems and processes to improve efficiencies
- Helps manage goods through entire product lifecycle from launch through retirement and ensuring appropriate inventory levels according to supply chain objectives
- Ensures long term supply of needed goods and services
- Build and establish long term business relationships with key suppliers
- Resolve and manage any issues or conflicts that arise during production of goods
- Develops and qualifies new supply sources where existing sources are inadequate
- Assists in establishing purchasing policies and ensure vendor compliance
- Track and monitor receipt of all goods, including raw materials, primary packaging, secondary packaging, and finished goods to ensure quality and on time deliveries
- Requests bids and proposals, evaluates submissions, and makes awards
- Establishes account/credit and terms
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors costs during period
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers
- Traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders
- Resolves PO/contract to invoice discrepancies to ensure timely payment
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with U.S. laws
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics
- Performs quarterly business reviews with assigned major suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related area or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of MRP and other supply chain functions and best practices and ability to apply concepts in a meaningful way
- 3-7+ years of purchasing experience, with personal care experience preferred
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP experience strongly preferred)
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong ethical code of conduct.
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.