Origin: a Latin derivative
meaning "Gift of the Earth."
Job Title: Vendor Manager - Nutrition
Reports to: Director, Global Supply Chain
Job Description: Vendor Manager is responsible for managing vendor relationship in order to source the highest quality goods and services for the most competitive price according to a timeline that supports overall supply chain objectives.
- Works with Operations, R&D, Marketing, Creative Services, QA/QC, and Finance to strengthen key supplier relations and ensure a strong supply chain.
- Proactively seeks to improve lead times, quality, profits, and cash flow
- Negotiates with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee
- Ensure system accuracy by regularly updating and correcting system inputs
- Develop systems and processes to improve efficiencies
- Helps manage goods through entire product lifecycle from launch through retirement and ensuring appropriate inventory levels according to supply chain objectives
- Ensures long term supply of needed goods and services
- Build and establish long term business relationships with key suppliers
- Resolve and manage any issues or conflicts that arise during production of goods
- Develops and qualifies new supply sources where existing sources are inadequate
- Assists in establishing purchasing policies and ensure vendor compliance
- Track and monitor receipt of all goods through Quality release, including raw materials, primary packaging, secondary packaging, and finished goods to ensure quality and on time deliveries
- Requests bids and proposals, evaluates submissions, and makes awards
- Establishes account/credit and terms
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors costs during period
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers
- Traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders
- Resolves PO/contract to invoice discrepancies to ensure timely payment
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with U.S. laws
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics
- Performs business reviews with assigned major suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related area or equivalent work experience. Degree in Supply Chain strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of MRP and other supply chain functions and best practices and ability to apply concepts in a meaningful way
- 3-7+ years of purchasing experience, with Nutritional raw ingredient, Nutritional Finished Goods and Packaging experience preferred
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems. SAP experience strongly preferred
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong ethical code of conduct.